Apply Now in Jobs of Agriculture Market Value Chain Specialist in FAO
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan (FAOR)
- and the direct supervision of the Provincial International Program Coordinator,
- the Agriculture Market Value Chain Specialist will report on a day to day basis to the Project Coordinator of the relevant project in Sindh,
- and will work closely with other technical specialists in the FAO country team with additional technical backstopping from the FAO regional office.
- The Agriculture Market Value Chain Specialist will contribute to the relevant outputs of the European Union-funded project “Strengthening the Resilience of Agro-pastoralists in Sindh” and to other EU-funded projects in the province requiring agriculture market value chain expertise.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and assess potential beneficiaries/groups (farmer groups for crop and livestock, farmer produce marketing groups) formed under the previous FAO programs, for their involvement in the training and market linkages development activities;
- Identify and assess potential market actors as beneficiaries (processors, aggregators, storage owners, input suppliers etc.) for their participation in practical training sessions and linkage development meetings
- Provide technical backstopping in planning and implementation of activities focusing on capacity strengthening of farmers in surplus produce marketing, storage, transportation, product safety etc.
- Provide technical inputs in the design and implementation of training need assessment and training programme targeting farmer produce marketing groups and market actors
- Identify and compile recommendations for the capacity development of producers and PMGs/associations to access financial and other services and resources
- Develop linkages of farmer produce marketing groups with markets, individuals, and other groups for sale and purchase of agricultural products and value added agriculture products
- Build linkages with other development partners/actors/projects in Sindh for synergies and complementarities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s degree in Agriculture (preferably Horticulture), Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness or value chain development.
- 8 years relevant working experience with well reputed government or private organizations in a similar role(s),
- Prior experience of working with a UN or INGO is an added advantage.
- Working level knowledge of English, fluency in Urdu and knowledge of languages used in Sindh.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of United Nations and International Organizations’ administrative policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
- Knowledge and understanding of sourcing within the procurement function.
- Strong research skills, ability to conduct benchmarking analysis in support of vendor identification, selection and performance management.
- Display initiative and take responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines and closely follow-up until successful outputs are achieved.
- Continue to seek new, innovative and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work assigned.
- Identify and recommend remedial measures to address problems in systems design or implementation
- Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers.
- and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: